Answered

4 Play 1’s

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Now that my Fives arrived and successfully paired and grouped with my Sub & PlayBase (TV Room) I put my Ones in the garage repaired and sounding good. Now my Play 1’s are looking for a new room. Can I keep them paired and put them in the same room as my other 2 Play1’s (paired)? So I would have a total of 4 Play1’s (2 paired) in the room. And how would it sound? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 October 2022, 01:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You would just set up another “room”, and group the two rooms. You may need to play with the positioning, stereo can sometimes not react well if the rights and lefts don’t match up, but it’s entirely up to your ears. 

I assume you mean the same physical room, rather than a Sonos virtual room? 

So just as a quick example you could have say:

• 4 separate Sonos Speakers in 4 separate Sonos rooms called Kitchen & Kitchen 2 and Diner & Diner 2

Then make those into two stereo pairs in the App called ‘Kitchen’ & ‘Diner’

Thats as far as you can go, as far as ‘stereo pairing’ is concerned in the Sonos App, but both pairs can be put physically in your Kitchen

To make them both play, you can then ‘group’ the two stereo pairs to play together in sync - to do that see this helpful support link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I assume you mean the same physical room, rather than a Sonos virtual room? 

So just as a quick example you could have say:

• 4 separate Sonos Speakers in 4 separate Sonos rooms called Kitchen & Kitchen 2 and Diner & Diner 2

Then make those into two stereo pairs in the App called ‘Kitchen’ & ‘Diner’

Thats as far as you can go, as far as ‘stereo pairing’ is concerned in the Sonos App, but both pairs can be put physically in your Kitchen

To make them both play, you can then ‘group’ the two stereo pairs to play together in sync - to do that see this helpful support link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391

This is helpful. Thank you.