Skip to main content

voice control

• 30 June 2024
  • 1 reply

My Sonos voice control won't action simple commands like set timer. I try and it makes a double sound and says there's an error use the Sonos app.

I also cannot connect Alexa no matter what I do from any app.

And once Bluetooth is connected to a device it will constantly try and reconnect even if the device is off. I try tapping the Bluetooth button, it turns off and then after a few seconds it tries to reconnect again. It even makes the reconnection sound though music. I have to unpair it from the connected device for it to stop.

So three issues. Cannot connect Alexa, cannot use voice control for some commands and cannot stop Bluetooth from reconnecting constantly. 

I'm at the point where I might just take them back. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kaptinkyle 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having.

My Sonos voice control won't action simple commands like set timer. I try and it makes a double sound and says there's an error use the Sonos app.

Please try removing Sonos Voice Control from your speaker(s), then add it again:

• Settings icon » [relevant room] » Sonos Voice Control » Remove Sonos Voice Control
  • Settings icon » [relevant room] » Add a Voice Assistant » Sonos Voice Control

If you have SVC installed on more than one speaker, please remove it from all of them before adding it back to any.

I also cannot connect Alexa no matter what I do from any app.

If you are using an Android device, please try uninstalling the Amazon Shopping app while you add Alexa to your Sonos system. Once Alexa has been added, please reinstall the Shopping app.

And once Bluetooth is connected to a device it will constantly try and reconnect even if the device is off. I try tapping the Bluetooth button, it turns off and then after a few seconds it tries to reconnect again. It even makes the reconnection sound though music. I have to unpair it from the connected device for it to stop.

This one is puzzling. The portable speakers (Roam and Move variants) have a Bluetooth option called Always Auto-connect, but the Era 100 does not - it should not be doing this. Are both speakers affected, or just one? If just one, please give it a reboot by unplugging it from power for a few moments. If both your speakers do this (or if rebooting does not help), please submit a support diagnostic shortly after seeing the behaviour (the reboot will clear system logs, so the issue must be recreated after a reboot for it to be seen in the logs) and let me know when you have done so, and we’ll be happy to take a look for you. Please don’t share the given number - I’ll be able to find it without.

So three issues. Cannot connect Alexa, cannot use voice control for some commands and cannot stop Bluetooth from reconnecting constantly. 

I'm at the point where I might just take them back. 

I understand - hopefully the above advice will help.