Unable to add Sonos Voice

I am trying to add Sonos voice to a Beam.  The Beam is powered on and is on the latest version (I checked in the app).  I can play Sonos radio on it fine from the app so the Wifi is working correctly.  However when I step through the process of adding Sonos voice I get the end and always get this error:

“There was a problem connecting to Family Room.  Make sure all your products are powered on and connected to Wifi”

I’m not sure what to do at this point.

6 replies

I assume you are using the S2 Sonos App in this instance, but have you also checked for any software/firmware updates? I would also try power-cycling your Beam too.

I am using the iOS Sonos app.  I did not try power cycling.  I will try that next.

I am using the iOS Sonos app.  I did not try power cycling.  I will try that next.

Just to add there are two iOS Sonos Apps - S1 (black icon) and S2 (gold icon), the Beam (gen1) can work with either, but you want the S2 App for SVC …and just to say that not all Sonos devices are compatible to switch between the two Apps, in case you are presently using S1 with your products?

Ah I checked your online profile and see you mention you have Beam (gen2) which is S2 App only, so you should be fine. I would go ahead and just power-cycle the device and just see if there are any updates too.

Yes, I am using the gold app.  

I power cycled the Beam.  Tried to add Sonos voice again and got the same error.  I also checked and there are still no updates available.

My app version is 14.8.,1.

The Beam is version 14.8 (build 68329170)

I also noticed that when I powered Beam the app now reports that only my left One SL was connected.  My right is not there.  I guess I will power cycle it again?  

Looks like my wife unplugged the right back speaker.  

Second reboot was the charm.  When I added voice this time it said it needed to download and update then finished the install.  All working.  Thanks for the help!