SVC

• 22 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I’ve read several posts regarding SVC no longer working for Spotify and some answering that it never has?  SVC worked for Spotify on my Sonos Move2 until last week, I agree with the person that started this thread, SVC and Spotify did work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Since its release, SVC has not supported Spotify. See https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/music-services-that-work-with-sonos-voice-control

If it was working on your system, it was either in error, or possibly part of an Alexa implementation?

My guess is, based on the apparent number of users of Spotify, Sonos will have been working with them on getting it implemented, but they never announce these things in advance, and that would probably require a desire by Spotify to be included, which implies a bunch of potential engineering effort, by both Sonos and Spotify. We can hope, but I wouldn’t be holding my breath, either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I believe that you can’t initialise music on Spotify with SVC but you can still Pause, Resume, Next, and Prior.  Are you saying that these functions no longer work on your Move?