Sonos Voice not working with radio stations.

Badge

I've been trying for the last few days to get Sonos Voice to play radio stations but to no avail. I've tried just asking, I've tried specifying '...on sonos radio', it just says it doesn't understand, or it can't find that content. Anyone else have this issue or could offer any suggestions?

For info, the specific station I really need to work is LBC (my wife listens to it all the time and until this works I can't switch from alexa) but I've tried various others too.

3 replies

I’m having the same issue. If I ask for Times Radio or Heart Norfolk they work fine. I believe these use tune in. LBC uses Global Player and it cannot find the station, strange as it’s listed in Sonos Radio. BBC also does not work, but that’s probably down to BBC SOUNDS not being supported yet. It would be nice to get an answer either way from Sonos to see if the services will eventually being supported.

Badge

I believe these use tune in.

It says tune in is not supported, but it's weird because I've just managed to get kisstory to work and it plays it via tune in.

As you say, be good to get a statement on things like LBC, Virgin, Absolute, etc that don't work at all.

Just tried Virgin Radio worked for me. Just said Virgin Radio UK but Absolute Radio does not work. So it all seems a bit hit and miss. Hopefully with time the issues will get resolved. I’m the same as you wife listens to LBC so has to use Alexa at present. As an Apple user I prefer the privacy that Siri provided as does Sonos Radio. I will if issues get resolved bin Alexa as I did Google. If Sonos expand the functionality along with the privacy aspect this could be a good move by Sonos. Sonos Voice is much quicker and far better at controlling the Sonos eco system.