Answered

Sonos voice control keeps telling me it has issues connection to my music provider

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey there, I don’t like to use services like Alexa or google because they exploiting my data. That’s why I would like to use Sonos voice control but it doesn’t work for me yet.

I just replaced my Playbar with the arc and activated sonos voice control. Unfortunately no matter what I ask - except the time, it can’t do it. 

When I ask to just play music I get „Having issues connection to your music provider, please try again later“…  When just use the app all works fine. I also set Apple Music as standard but Sonos can’t handle it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 December 2022, 11:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tabsats 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try removing Sonos Voice Control from your Arc, then add it again.

Settings » Services & Voice » Sonos Voice Control » [room with Arc] » Remove Sonos Voice Control

If that doesn’t work, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks! After this it works. I had the same issue one a sonos one and it has been resolved as well! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tabsats 

Glad to hear it - thanks for updating the thread!