Answered

Sonos voice assistant reinstallation failure

• 26 February 2024
  • 13 replies

I have been enjoying Sonos Roam for almost a year.  Recently i brought it out  on a vacation with me.

when i got back,’the voice assistant ceased to work hence i uninstalled the option then tried to reinstall tthe function but to no avail. I have tried to

do it again maybe 30 times still no go. I have hard reset the sonos, logged out my account, turn on bluetooth  reboot my mesh network still no go.. Help help please. What else can i do.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 February 2024, 03:53

View original

13 replies

As you’ve tried a full reset etc; it maybe best to reproduce the failed install issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Will do your suggestion asap. 
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You don't say where you took your Roam but can you also check your location in your Sonos profile.(www.sonos.com)  We've helped some people recently where their stored location had changed.

I took my roam with me in the hospital when i had a procedure done. 
i logged in at www.sonos.com checked my profile, seems to be ok.

Can this be because there was a recent IOS update? IOS 17.3.1?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I took my roam with me in the hospital when i had a procedure done. 
i logged in at www.sonos.com checked my profile, seems to be ok.

Can this be because there was a recent IOS update? IOS 17.3.1?

When you were in hospital, how did you connect to your Roam?  If it was Bluetooth to your phone, can you make sure that the Roam is no longer paired to your phone and is now connected to your home Wi-Fi.

Thank you for your response. Yes connected to Bluetooth while in the hospital. Then when i got home i connected it back to wifi. Airplay was working fine only noticed the voice assistant not working when i tried to command sonos.. then my first instinct after i tried start restart was delete

and reinstall voice command… but was never able to reinstall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you contact Sonos Support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you also confirm how you deleted Alexa and the steps that you’ve taken to try the reinstall

Actually after severral manuevers, i was able to install the sonos voice but the microphone is off and i cant get it to turn on…

what kind of bug is this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you also confirm how you deleted Alexa and the steps that you’ve taken to try the reinstall

When you try to reinstall the Alexa voice assistant, where does it fail during the Enable skill in Alexa process?

I can’t remember how i deleted.. i guess via the sonos app. I  felt alexa was too complicated. Hence i deleted it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you open the Sonos App>Settings>Services & Voice>Sonos Voice Control  If you can’t see your Roam listed as Enabled, then please select Add to Another Product and select your Roam.

I have done the above several times… still wont add.