Answered

Sonos Playlist via Synology NAS

• 12 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

Just become a proud owner of a Sonos Era 100. Loving it so far and the app works very well. 

However, one issue I’m having, I’ve added my Synology NAS drive as a music library, I’ve then (through the app) created a Sonos Playlist with songs from this library. I can playback via the app itself, but the Era 100 will not accept a voice command to play the playlist, keeps saying that music service is unavailable. 

Any suggestions to fix would be welcome, I could keep a tablet next to Sonus to playback as all songs/playlists etc do work via the app but I’d prefer to use voice control if I can. 

Thanks in advance. 

Jamie

icon

Best answer by sjw 13 January 2024, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try making a Favorite from the playlist, and asking for that favorite.

When I did my own Alexa integration I supported favorites, no idea if any of the current voice systems can do that though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Some years back Sonos bought up a complete AI Voice platform with a view to improving the voice experience.  Currently, there's still no support for local music library though.  Although, if you're playing a track from your library and ask the Sonos Voice assistant what's playing it will happily tell you.

Thanks both, good to know it wasn't me missing something. Fortunately, I've a spare tablet thatcan sit next to Sonos for playing from my library.

Here's holing voice support comes soon.