Prevent ARC from Sonos Voice Control command play everywhere

• 20 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 13 replies

I have 6 Sonos devices in the house (3 Era 100, a Port, Arc and Sub Mini). Just want to use the SCV command play everywhere without playing to the Arc. Can do? The other night after play everywhere turned on the TV and TV audio was coming through the other speakers in the house, That shouldn’t happen.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What happens if you switch off the mic on your Arc/surrounds and just issue the command to your standalone Era-100 speaker?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken,

There is no Mic. It’s I believe the Shadow edition from Costco. I can command on any of the 3 Era’s I have at any given time to “play everywhere” and all devices will play but the thing is, for music you don’t want the Arc to play. The Arc is just for TV watching.

Are two of the Era’s bonded as Home Theatre surrounds to your Arc and Sub Mini? If not then create a group in the Sonos App with the three Era’s etc. (minus the Arc and it’s bonded sub) and ask SVC to play the music to the group-name (whatever you choose to name it) .. just do not call it ‘Everywhere’ (obviously). 

See saved groups in this Sonos support link …

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Note it may take a short while before SVC recognises the group exists, but keep trying.

Hope that works for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken,

Era’s not bonded. My Arc setup with just the Sub Mini. I think I get what your putin’ down about groups. Lemme play around. Thanks for the suggestion.