Skip to main content
Answered

No weather location option in sonos voice control settings

Hi everyone !

As stated in the post title, there’s no weather location option in sonos voice control settings so when I ask about weather to SVC it says I have to setup the location…

To provide any possibly relevant details :

- I confirm the app as well as all speakers firmwares are running last version.

- In case it matters I am French and so everything is settled in French language.

- I tried with both iPhone and iPad apps (I haven’t any android device to check)

- I already tried to uninstall and install again SVC as it was already installed prior the new version but without success…

Thanks for reading and if you have any ideas I’m all ears 🙏😊 

13 replies

I have the same problem, in the US. No location setting for Sonos Voice Control. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app on iPad and iPhone, it’s the latest version, firmware update says that I am on the latest version.

I don’t have the alarms appearing in the UI, either, don’t know if that’s related.

Helloooo 😊

so no one can help ? Isn’t there Sonos technician somewhere in here !?

please 

Badge

I have the same problem, in Belgium.

No location setting for Sonos Voice Control on Android.

I use english SVC.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Make sure you’ve updated to the latest version. It’s there on my app (iOS).

Settings / Manage / Voice Assistant / Sonos Voice Control / Weather Location

Hey y’all,

I think there must have been an update because I didn’t have the option until now but I just checked right now and now the option appeared so for me !!

So on my side it’s settled thank you and I wish you also find it on your side 😊

keepin the post open for the ones not having it.

Badge

I am on version Android 80.01.08 but still not possible to add location to SVC.

Badge

Update, on Lenovo android tablet SVC with weather location activated now.

On Samsung A41 cellphone still not visible, 

Same here : not available in France, Android latest version.

Actually it seems that  it was an authorization issue. I’ve let the app access the different auths it asks for, and removed cache, restarted the app, and the weather location appeared.

If you are using a DNS-based ad blocker, that might be the source of the problem.

With the latest version of the iOS app, I was able to get the weather option (and the alarm management and the sleep timer) to appear by:

1. Force-quitting the Sonos App
  2. Switching from NextDNS back to my ISP’s DNS provider
  3. Turning off Private Relay (probably not needed)
  4. Restarting the Sonos App

I was then able to turn back on NextDNS and the options remained. I read somewhere that Sonos is using features flags to enable/disable features and I suspect that the feature flag file is being hosted by a server that’s blocked by my usual DNS settings. It’d be nice if Sonos would tell us what sites to put on the allow list.

Had the same error message on the iPhone, but it worked on my iPad app. iPhone absorbed the info immediately. Got lucky, which is rare with this app…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TWR123 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Although my instructions are for Pi-Hole specifically, I think you may find the following article of use:

There are some exceptions listed at the end that should inform you of which domains to whitelist in any other software that acts as a DNS Sink.

I hope this helps.

I had the same issue 

I discovered I had 2 apps:

Sonos (latest)

Sonos S1 ( because I have older speakers)

I opened S1 while Sonos was on and some how the location option in the voice settings in the Sonos app became present. It wasn’t there before.