No sound from ceiling speakers and cannot delete "Fixed Volume"

I have a system that is six years old in my home theater room. I have floor mounted speakers that work; however, the two ceiling speakers do not. My iphone app says the volume in that room is “fixed volume”. Can anyone offer advice before I reach out to Sonos directly?

2 replies

What Sonos device is powering those two ceiling speakers, and how do you have it set up, I.e. is it bonded as a surround setup, or is it a separate room used for music only?

I am inferring by the fact that you said ‘home theater room’ that they’re set up as surrounds, but want to be certain. And if that Sonos device, whatever it is, is set up for surround duty, you shouldn’t be seeing it as a separate ‘room’ in the Sonos controller. 

I think we just need more detail as to what and how the entire system is set up in order to give you any useful feedback. 

I am inferring by the fact that you said ‘home theater room’ that they’re set up as surrounds, but want to be certain. And if that Sonos device, whatever it is, is set up for surround duty, you shouldn’t be seeing it as a separate ‘room’ in the Sonos controller.