Feature Requests

Userlevel 1
Badge

Digging the privacy angle of your Sonos Voice Control. Would love to see it supplant other services. Any chance of considering the following feature requests:

1. Set alarms via voice
  2. Set timers (multiple, please) — really useful in the kitchen
  3. Intercom functionality (speak a phrase/announcement and have that play on all Sonos speakers — including S1 if possible)
  4. Multiple voice recognition & service linkage — or at least a way to specific when instance/account of a music service to play (ie Apple Music - mine, Apple Music - yours, etc…)

Regardless of the above, you’re off to a roaring start. Keep up the great work!

5 replies

Digging the privacy angle of your Sonos Voice Control. Would love to see it supplant other services. Any chance of considering the following feature requests:

1. Set alarms via voice
  2. Set timers (multiple, please) — really useful in the kitchen
  3. Intercom functionality (speak a phrase/announcement and have that play on all Sonos speakers — including S1 if possible)
  4. Multiple voice recognition & service linkage — or at least a way to specific when instance/account of a music service to play (ie Apple Music - mine, Apple Music - yours, etc…)

Regardless of the above, you’re off to a roaring start. Keep up the great work!

On the first two, the speakers are aware of the time already, so it’s seems like these are possible.  I don’t know what the stats are, but timers definitely seem like one of the more common uses for voice control.  I certainly use Alexa for that several times a week.

Regarding annoucements, Sonos can do this with Alexa, but since SVC isn’t recording your voice, perhaps this isn’t possible?  Maybe it can record, announce, and immediately delete.  Maybe depends on how the current process does voice recognition.

And how much RAM is available to store that message before passing it on to other devices? Remember, nothing is going to the cloud when using Sonos Voice Control….

I’d also love to see some way to integrate it with HomeAssistant to use for local voice control in my house.

Laying in bed half asleep. I say hey Sonos what time is it?  It is 10:34. So I decide I should turn on music and sleep. Hey Sonos play music. Music starts. Hey Sonos set sleep timer for 2 hrs. Nothing happens. I then have to grab my phone and load app and go to sleep timer. Put phone on charger and now wide awake and no longer able to sleep. 

I’d also love to see some way to integrate it with HomeAssistant to use for local voice control in my house.

This is something what I'm searching. It would be great to send http request from Sonos Move to preconfigured endpoint with text captured from voice command. e.g to home assistant.  It would be great feature for home automatization.