Answered

cant connect to sonos voice control.

• 16 August 2023
  • 5 replies

My sonos move can't connect to sonos voice control. It times out and asks me if I have a wifi connection, which I do,a good one.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 August 2023, 00:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Maybe whilst off it’s charger, try powering off the Move fully (5+ second press on its rear power button until you hear the shutdown tones). Wait 10 seconds, then return the Move to its charger and wait until it boots, settles and reconnects to the internet and shows online in the Sonos App and then try reinstalling SVC again. 

Hope that will work for you.

Thanks for your response Ken. I will try this now. Fingers crossed 🤞. 

Sounds similar to a problem I’ve got. SVC stopped responding, I removed it and tried to reinstall but it fails every time, even after a speaker reset. The error message says to check wifi, but it downloads and starts the update perfectly fine; Alexa and music streaming still work, so I don’t think it’s wifi.

My best guess is a problem with the last firmware update, but it’s only a guess. 

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I have. They've said it's a problem with their server,and they would email me when remedied. That was 2 weeks ago and still waiting.