Skip to main content
Answered

update sucks big time

Where is wake up? Where is volume scale? Where is timer? This must be the worst update in history. How can I go back to earlier version?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Where is wake up? Where is volume scale? Where is timer? This must be the worst update in history. How can I go back to earlier version?

Answer 1 - for me and my Era 100s it’s… ‘Alexa, set an Alarm for 7am’, but for many others they are doing this…

Using a PC, or Mac, with the Desktop controller installed (available HERE)

1. Click Alarms from the bottom of the Select a Music Source pane on the right side of the Sonos app.
  2. To edit an existing alarm, click the name of the alarm, then click Edit.
  3. Set your Time, Room, Music, Frequency and Volume settings.
  4. Click OK to save the alarm

Answer 2 - See screenshot attached - the volume level numbers are on the room-grouping screen.

Answer 3 - Use SVC ‘Hey Sonos, set a timer for 30 minutes’

Its not easy to go back, but if using an Android controller, simply install the *.apk Sonos Gold S2 App, that’s if you were sensible enough to keep the previous installer in your downloads folder. It is saved by default. If not you maybe out of luck. 

Mod Edit: The alarm functionality is back on all platforms again!

Userlevel 3

I am using the Android app only. None of the previous good stuff are left in the new version. But luckily I found a previous version to download and install. Seems to work and Just hope it will not upgrade now since I turned off the upgrade.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/sonos-16-1-android-apk-download/download/?key=f6a677f300c8d774a2c570ad65c3e0e50c4e6349

Today I had to airplay which sucks bc I can’t connect my Sonos at all.  This app is the worst. 

Today I had to airplay which sucks bc I can’t connect my Sonos at all.  This app is the worst. 

The Sonos App has not got anything to do with AirPlay? You don’t even need to open the App, or have it installed on a device to AirPlay audio to your Sonos speakers. It sounds like your speakers are not being discovered by the Bonjour service over the network subnet. If your network is using WiFi extenders then that’s more likely the cause of the issue. Ensure the Airplaying device and the speakers are all using the same network AP and WiFi band and see if that sorts the issue if not then see the below list of AirPlay fixes gathered from the Apple community forum pages…

The next time your Sonos product does not show (or play) as available in the AirPlay connection list, please try the following:

1. Open the Sonos app
  2. Go to Settings » System » About my System
  3. Find the IP address of your Sonos device
  4. Open a browser on a device connected to your local network
  5. In the address bar, type http://[IP address of Sonos device]:1400/tools.htm (the whole thing should look something like “http://192.168.0.125:1400/tools.htm”, but the four numbers will/may vary). You may want to bookmark this page
  6. Click the “mDNS Announce” button at the bottom of the page.
  7. You should see a simple page with nothing but “Success”. You can now close the browser
  8. You should now see the Sonos device appear in the AirPlay list of devices to connect to

If the issues persist then go onto perhaps try these things…

• Restart all devices including the router and try to AirPlay again
  • Remove and reinstall the App being used for Airplay on the sending device
  • Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it ‘on’ on the sending device
  • Turn off Cellular Data
  • Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers)
  • Connect the sending device to the same WiFi network access point as the speaker
  • Reset your network settings on your iDevice in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Disable ‘Private Address’ MAC Spoofing in the iOS Network connection 
  • Disable WiFi calling on the mobile device
  • Update iOS, and speaker firmware/software
  • Move your devices away from other electronics and closer to the main router
  • Renew your devices DHCP lease via the router configuration pages or better still, reboot the router as mentioned above
  • Switch off any Security/VPN software installed on the sending (mobile) device

Userlevel 2

"Worst update ever" - I agree. Untested crap released to the public aka free beta testers.

Userlevel 1

Update is worse than botulism.

Agree this updatecsucks big time. Interface is very unfriendly and app keeps telling me I don't have a system and to register a new one. Complete waste of $. Plus no notice when stingray was dropped

I agree completely! Nothing works! The app is completely unresponsive.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Why would I want to buy any Sonos products, if the app doesn’t work for your products? Or is that you don’t care? 

Userlevel 1

Update is worse than botulism.

👍

Sonos app has always sucked. Now it sucks even more. As I said in another post a while back, just start over. Stop trying to make a horrible app better. It simply isn't going to happen. Just start over.