Answered

voice services in Chile

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I hope I get an answear now. When will voice services be able in Chile? If not please let me know because I want to by more products but only if I'm going g to be able to use them fully

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 March 2022, 23:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There’s two steps, at least right now. First, those who own the voice services (Google and Amazon) have to start provIding service, and Sonos has no inside knowledge as to when that will/may happen. But beyond that, those two servIces then have to give Sonos legal authorization for Sonos to connect to them in that region, again something that Sonos has no control over. 

Your best bet for for both parts of that equation is to pester whichever (or both!) voice service you want to use. 

All this would change if Sonos ever comes out with their own voice system, something many of us have speculated on since they purchased the ‘Snips’ company, but so far, there has been zero information beyond the simple purchase. 

Oki. 

Thanks for the reply. 

If sonos comes out with their own voice service, that would make me soooo happy 😊 

Heh, me too. But since they bought Snips back in November of 2019, I’m not holding my breath on anything appearing soon. Two and a half years is a significant timeline for something to be integrated, so they may have purchased them for some other reason, I’m not sure, nor do I want to be promising something that may never occur.