Answered

Voice Assistance

• 3 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I hope someone can help.

I am looking at purchasing a new set of Sonos one for my rear speakers. Due to my current home set up i use both goggle and Alexa voice assistance.

my question is

Can I set these speakers up as rears and activate one speaker with Google and the other with Alexa or can you only have one voice assistant in the whole setup therefore meaning I could buy a one and a one SL and use these instead

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 3 January 2022, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I hope someone can help.

I am looking at purchasing a new set of Sonos one for my rear speakers. Due to my current home set up i use both goggle and Alexa voice assistance.

my question is

Can I set these speakers up as rears and activate one speaker with Google and the other with Alexa or can you only have one voice assistant in the whole setup therefore meaning I could buy a one and a one SL and use these instead

If the soundbar device you are using them with is using a voice service, the voice service on the surrounds is deactivated.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

OP owns a Playbar, so not a voice enabled soundbar. In this case I think the voice service only works on one of the surrounds - and only one assistant for the surround set.

Since you only need/are able to use one speaker for the assistant, buy a One and a One SL, not two One’s. You will not be able to use the microphone on one of the One’s anyway.

Thank you all. That was going to be my next question about the Sonos arc but it’s been answered. Guess I’m stuck with having to use an extra plug socket for the standalone alexa/goggle device