Answered

Sonos on Fire TV

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Do you now if i can have the Sonos S2 app on a FireTV by the store? I didn’t found any information about.

My setup is 6 One, 1 beam and 1 sub. I got an Amazon Echo Show 15 to have a pannel to control all my other devices. On this tablet,i got FireTV. I wan’t to control the music all round my house whit it but Spotify Connect is not enabled on FireTV by the spotify app and Sonos didn’t make an app on FireTV

Anyone have a solution? :(

(sorry for my worst english)

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 July 2023, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hunkinoo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

According to our Sonos app requirements help page, FireOS 7 or above is supported by both our S1 app and our S2 app. I am not sure on what kind of device you are trying to install to, however - as with Android, it’s possible that you won’t be able to install to a TV type device, as opposed to a tablet type device.

I hope this helps.

Hi.  I am not totally confident I understand what you are trying to achieve, but I can say that there is a Sonos app for the Amazon Fire tablet, which can be downloaded onto the tablet from the Amazon app store.  Essentially this is the Sonos Androis app with a few tweaks.

However, I am not aware of any Sonos app that can be installed on an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Cube, if that is what you are asking, just as there is no Sonos app for any Android TV.  The Sonos app can be installed on mobile phones and tablets.  There is a desktop app too, with limited functionality.

I hope that is of some help.

I think the question is about the Echo Show 15, which is running the FireTV OS, rather than Amazon’s version of android like you would find on FireTablets.  Therefore, I believe the answer is no, Sonos does not have an officla FireTV OS app.  There may be a 3rd party app, but I’m not aware of one.

That said, because the Echo Show 15 is an Alexa device, you can use your voice to request music played through out your Sonos system.  If there is an Alexa app on the Show, then you can do some controls through that.  That would not give you as much control as you the Sonos app, or Sonos Voice Control though.

Hi, 

thanks a lot all for your reponse. 

You’re right, it’s FireOS TV on the echo show. Sad to know there is no sonos app on it. I control a bit by voice with Alexa but effectively only car start music , there is no button :(

have a nice day!!