Siri voice commands not working

• 31 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Arc and just bought a HomePod mini and want to be able to control the Arc through Hey Siri commands like Hey Siri turn the volume down on arc. I have added the arc to the home app but it says controls unavailable, when I ask Siri to change the volume it says there was a problem. I have removed the arc and re added it a couple times and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @416eddie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Try these few steps this allows you to use Siri to give basic playback commands, adjust the volume, and request content from Apple Music on Sonos products that have been added to the Home app.

Add Sonos to the Apple Home app.

1. Open the Apple Home app and tap Add Accessory.

2. Choose Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan?

3. Tap the Sonos product you want to add.

4. Pick the same room name used in the Sonos app.

Example commands:

Hey Siri, play some hip-hop in the kitchen.
Hey Siri, play Beats 1 radio in the bedroom.

Important note on room names:

If you rename your Sonos speaker in the Sonos app, you will also need to make the same change in the Apple Home app

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have tried this method of adding the Sonos arc to home app but it doesn’t help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @416eddie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

That's odd after following the procedure still no luck.. hmm…

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission and for them to see if there’s something that needs to be changed in the Home app.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you I will give support a call