Please address your sonos intergration with Google Home.

It does not work with Google home. I don’t understand why I need to login into Spotify when I didn’t with the Bose 900, I can’t even play the radio without having to sign up for yet another service. 

Cannot control the audio through the Google home app, pretty sure it is possible seems purposeful. Cannot connect my laptop to the arc without purchasing additional hardware.

Don’t really care about your law suite with Google. A good product and a good community cannot be copied so good luck with law suite but I am not Google so why are you punishing me? 

2 replies

It does not work with Google home. I don’t understand why I need to login into Spotify when I didn’t with the Bose 900, I can’t even play the radio without having to sign up for yet another service. 

A little vague here.  Not quite what you are saying doesn’t work, where/when you are signing into Spotify when you believe you shouldn’t need to, or what radio station/service you’re trying to access.

Cannot control the audio through the Google home app, pretty sure it is possible seems purposeful. Cannot connect my laptop to the arc without purchasing additional hardware.

Been a long time since I bothered with Google home, so don’t recall whether control of Sonos speakers via the Google Home app was ever a feature.  You can control Sonos via Alexa app, so it seems likely that any restriction on features is do to Google instead of Sonos.  For example, Google is the reason you can’t have Google Assistant and Alexa functioning on the same speaker.  It could also be because Sonos doesn’t support chromecast, and I couldn’t tell you whether Google or Sonos is preventing that from happening.

Don’t really care about your law suite with Google. A good product and a good community cannot be copied so good luck with law suite but I am not Google so why are you punishing me? 

What feature was removed from Sonos speakers as a result of the Sonos/Google lawsuit? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Don’t take this the wrong way @Manish1 but are you sure Sonos speakers are for you? Your issues here, and in your other posts highlight your concerns over “missing” features. Does Sonos offer the 100-day money back guarantee in your region? Or do you feel the sound quality of Sonos speakers outweighs these drawbacks?