Skip to main content
Question

Orbi 754 Mesh system

• 29 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Are there any connectivity issues with Orbi mesh 754?  Thinking of replacing my system. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sonos doesn’t support mesh networks.  However if you hardwire a Sonos device to the base Orbi unit, your Sonos devices will create a Sonos Net mesh network.  However this doesn’t work with the Roam and Move and as you haven’t included your Sonos devices in your profile, this may not work for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sonos doesn’t support mesh networks.

Completely untrue! I’m looking at the dashboard of my TP-Link Deco mesh network right now, and I have multiple Sonos speakers connected to two different satellite disks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sonos doesn’t support mesh networks.

Completely untrue! I’m looking at the dashboard of my TP-Link Deco mesh network right now, and I have multiple Sonos speakers connected to two different satellite disks. 

I didn’t say they won’t work, I said not supported. https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-system-requirements

Mesh networks can cause problems.