Laser light show synced with Sonos music

• 27 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Is there a product where I can turn my apartment into a rave where the lights are synced to the music playing on the Sonos system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have a Sonos device with an output, line level or speaker level?
If you do google up "color organ" and you should get a good selection.

If you don't you could look for color organ with microphone and see what you find, downside it responds to all noise, not just the music.

My unit from many years ago, capiz shell lamps with four channels of colored lights.
Userlevel 7
Try Philips Hue Entertainment. Although you'll have to purchase Philips Hue or other compatible color changing bulbs, light strips or other light accessories. The choices are only limited by your imagination.🆒

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/entertainment

Cheers! ....and party on!!!!
I've used the LED light strip controllers that are audio controlled before. They work well, but as pointed out, they react to all noise, not just music. It might be worth looking into as a cheaper option before looking at something else.

Personally, I found it to be fun, but not something I'd want to use very often. It's going to appear more random than matching the beat. I liked it better as a compliment to video gaming than as a companion to music.