Is is possible to cast from Deezer on the Sonos One using the Google Cast function

• 3 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m considering buying a Sonos One, but before I want to be sure that I would be able to use it without any issues. I would like to control it using the cast feature of Google. I saw on the internet that I can embed the Sonos One in the Google Home app, will it mean that the cast feature will work ?

Here is a screenshot of the cast feature. I’m not talking about using the Chromecast (with android TV and the HDMI Port), but only the cast feature to use deezer without the sonos app.

Cast from deezer

I hope you can help me with my question, and I hope that some of you found a way to use the cast feature !

Thanks in advance,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

No, casting isn’t support to Sonos devices on Android, only Airplay is supported from iOS devices. The Sonos App however has its own built-in Deezer Service to play direct from that App.

Thanks for your quick answer. I asked my question because I found this video on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/ljDGdR0mnNgA and the youtuber seems to use the feature to control sonos.

But it is the only source about the cast feature.

Sonos does not do Google cast.

It is possible to use some other music service apps to cast to Sonos speakers, but that is using app-specific casting mechanisms. 

As @Ken_Griffiths mentioned, it is possible to play music from Deezer using the Sonos app. It doesn't have every feature in the Deezer app but it is reasonably comprehensive. 

It’s really disappointing from a leading technology speaker company not to have this integration. As a big fan of Chromecast and Sonos (Have both). I would really like to cast my music to all my home devices. I also would like to use the “native app” for Android to control my music from Youtube Music and Deezer. :(

It’s really disappointing from a leading technology speaker company not to have this integration. As a big fan of Chromecast and Sonos (Have both). I would really like to cast my music to all my home devices. 

Yes - it does seem bizarre that a so called premium product lacks facilities that much cheaper units can easily manage.

I also find it strange that, whilst Sonos doesn’t support Chromecast, I can stream music to a Sonos player directly - e.g. using HiFiCast I can see a Play 5 Gen 1 and my ZP90 available as ‘Media Renderers’ and can select them as the output device. I can then stream music direct to the units - i.e. not via the Sonos software or a CCA device. Seems weird to me.