IF "New podcast episode" THEN "add to queue"

• 3 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I’ve been trying to do something but so far I’m not sure about the best solution. The best would be to solve it via IFTTT, but I think I’ll have to install HomeAutomation at my home’s server.

I am playing Spotify via Sonos at home the whole day, I love it, but I miss the short hourly news bulletin from a radio station, at least when I’m working from home.

The radio station I usually listen has a podcast (also available in Spotify) where they add these bulletins, here’s their RSS: https://fapi-top.prisasd.com/podcast/playser/boletines.xml 

I would like that when a new episode is added to that bulletin, and if Sonos is currently playing at home, the new bulletin gets added to Play Next at Sonos, so it will play after the current song, and then continues with the Spotify playlist.

Any idea of what would be the best tool to solve this? So far I haven’t run any automation yet for Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @xipher 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can’t help you with this one, but my replying here will get your post back into the Recently Active list of posts, and another pair of eyes may take a look.