Answered

How to enable SONOS one gen2 with Doorbell sound in Fibaro Home Center 3?

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Following situation:

I have an Interkom (Fibaro) device which is connected to a Home Center 3 Hub. I am using Sonos as a sound speaker. Now, when I install the Sonos Plug-In in the HC3 web app, I can only start / pause / stop playing music on Sonos. 

Is there a way to trigger just a simple Door Bell (eg. MP3) in Sonos ? I have also enabled Alexa / Sonos Skills, but not quite clear where and how I could trigger some Door Bell Sounds in Sonos ?

Can someone help ? 

Thanks Tom

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 May 2023, 10:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tch01 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s possible to push an mp3 file to Sonos via UPnP (Universal Plug ‘n’ Play), but that would need to be done by an unsupported, external application so I cannot provide support. To use Alexa, there would need to be an additional skill that provides that functionality to Alexa on your Sonos device.

I recommend you seek assistance from Fibaro directly, though I hope you get some help here from someone in the know - my replying here will get your post back onto the Recently Active list of the forum.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks Corry, unfortunately from Fibaro I received also not really satisfying answer (I can write my own API to Sonos, so not really convenient).

Another question:

SONOS Voice Control. As I see, there is only a support for english and french. Is that the case ? By when will you extend to other languanges like german ?

Many thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Tomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tch01 

I don’t have any timescales to share regarding Sonos Voice Control, but support for further languages and countries will be coming. And yes - only US English and French are currently supported.

I hope this helps.