help! Cannot add sonos products to iOS Home app

• 15 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I used to have all my Sonos devices assigned to each room they lived in on the iOS Home App. I noticed after iOS updated devices showed up as “not supported” suddenly. I thought removing a re-adding them might correct the issue but any devices I removed will not re-add and error out with an AirPlay error pop-up “unable to connect to ‘speaker name’” 

anyone experience this and figure out how to resolve it? 

I tried resetting one of the Sonos devices back to factory defaults then attempting to add to the Home app but no success…

thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

A couple of more images showing the situation - try to add the Sonos amp by clicking “more options…”

screen grab of the amps showing up as “not supported” in the home app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Keeping this thread alive as I have the same issue. Actually I have had this issue for a couple months. I spent hours on the phone with Sonos support and could not get it resolved. Device shows as available to add in the home app but get error couldn't connect. Im not sure if it's from iOS side or Sonos side but it certainly is frustrating that I cannot use airplay on 2 devices speakers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

another SS of the devices available to add but alas...well it doesn't work.

The same problem about airplay also came to me. I just bought a new iPhone 14 pro with iOS 16.2 yesterday. All the Sonos devices, Play 5, Sonos one, Beam and a pair of ikea shelf model can be found clearly in the airplay list but cannot be connected. Accordingly all the Sonos devices cannot be used in Home app. But every device works perfect with Sonos App. I’ve called the support service twice. There has been no workable solution yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PugFaceKilla 

This may go some way to explain:

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/21/apple-pulls-new-home-app-architecture-in-ios-16-2-as-users-complain-about-homekit-issues/

Although we rarely recommend factory resetting Sonos devices, in this case we have received reports from users that it will help - as long as you don’t then add the unit to (new) HomeKit afterwards.

I hope this helps.

I tried this but I believe iOS has updated again since so perhaps I’ll give it a shot again. Will let this thread know how it goes

Looks like resetting and re-adding the amp to the Sonos system then adding back to HomeKit worked! iOS 16.2 must + this process seems to have resolved it! Will try on Sonos arc/sub and Port next.

Ok success with the Arc and Port.

Ok - from my experience now it looks like a reset and re-add on iOS 16.2 HomeKit home resolves this issue.