Feature Request with IFTTT

• 2 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies
We install security cameras and door stations and have been very happy to see Sonos integrate with IFTTT. One thing we've been able to do is have Sonos play a doorbell sound when someone presses the doorbell button on a video door station. However, it would be nice if Sonos would resume playing whatever it was playing prior to the doorbell sound being played. The current behavior is to play the doorbell sound and then music play stops.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You ought to direct your feature requests to IFTTT. They are responsible for making their stuff available on/via Sonos.
I don't know about that @Smilja. I don't believe Sonos can do this feature currently anywhere. Sonos cannot play one audio source, pause and play a 2nd audio source, then return back to the original audio source at the same location that it paused. I'm not sure IFTT can do anything about that.

And it would be a rather nice feature.

As I'm thinking about it, Sonos actually does do something similar with it's Alexa integration. When Alexa needs to speak, Sonos will mute the audio, Alexa speaks over the audio, and then audio returns to full volume. So in theory, if the doorbell triggers alexa to announce "there is someone at the door" would that meet the requirement? Not sure if you can do that with IFTTT, or if you want Alexa integration to be a requirement.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I don't believe Sonos can do this feature currently anywhere. Sonos cannot play one audio source, pause and play a 2nd audio source, then return back to the original audio source at the same location that it paused.

I do this everyday with SmartThings/webCoRE. Well, okay, to be fair I resume the same station or playlist following any announcement or alarm, but Sonos can't resume the exact song that was playing at the time. So, as you said .... 😃