Question

Feature Request: When using a remote to change the volume of my Beam it should (optional) play the volume changed sound

• 31 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Just like tapping the volume touch controls on the device, I'd like to configure my device to make the same sound when I change it's volume with my Google Chromecast remote.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

FYI - This is possible now if you have a Hubitat Elevation hub for your smart home automation, by using the Rules Engine.

That sounds like a complex workaround, not quite what I had in mind but would you mind explaining a bit more?

Ideally this is just something that can implement. 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That sounds like a complex workaround, not quite what I had in mind but would you mind explaining a bit more?

Ideally this is just something that can implement. 🤷‍♀️

In no way am I suggesting that you purchase a Hubitat hub just for this function... :smiley:

Hubitat and Smartthings are Smart Home integrations that allow for an integrated set of rules to be built that can control smart home technology across multiple manufactures.  e.g. If any of my internal Phillips Hue motion sensors (they also report temp 🙂 ) reports a temp above 28C then turn the lights on and announce over all Sonos speakers that a fire is suspected.