Question

Apple Homekit, Siri Shortcuts, & Sonos

• 6 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have a "good morning" homekit scene that comes on when I say “Hey, Siri, morning”. It also activates audio playback on my Sonos speaker in the garage via AirPlay. I have three (3) Apple TVs. Since TvOS 14 the AppleTv turns on the Basement Apple TV. If I switch the TV off again, which puts the AppleTv into stand-by mode, the audio playback is also stopped.

Before TvOS 14 the TV didn't turn on when I controlled my Sonos speaker via HomeKit.

Does anyone else have the problem and know how to solve it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @aniemand,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Apple HomeKit is the bridge between the Apple device and Sonos for communication through Siri. You can control the functionality such as start playback, skip, stop, or adjust the volume through HomeKit using Siri. 

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on and for me to know how to proceed.

• ​How do you switch off your TV? Is it using your TV remote or on the Apple HomeKit?
  • Is your Sonos system has been set up in the past as an accessory to a different user HomeKit app?
  • Have you tried to force restart your iOS devices that are running the HomeKit application?
  • Can you submit a diagnostic so we can check what is going on?

The more information you provide, the more we can see the picture. Please take note of the diagnostic’s confirmation number and post it here once available. Here in the community, everybody is welcome.