Answered

Alexa via Sonos One: can’t find individual hue lights

• 19 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Recently purchased 2 x Ones to replace my Echos. So Alexa is already setup and configured to work with my Hue lights.

The new One’s work well with the Hue Scenes, whole rooms go on and off easily. However, if I choose to pick one specific light to turn on or off I get: “XXX isn’t responding. Please check network or power...”

The lights are all active in the Alexa app and I can turn them on/off from there. Help would be appreciated ?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 19 February 2019, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you please open the Alexa App>Smart Home and check that you don't have any duplicate device names - very easy to do when setting the Sonos plays to the room they are located in. Please see this page for my recommended naming convention: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/best-practices-for-naming-of-devices-6819283/index1.html#post16304353
Attached screenshots of my 3 Sonos items and my list of Hue lights. There’s crossover with words but no exact matches?
Also thank you for replying ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Strange... Try disabling the Sonos skill and retesting then if the problem persists try disabling the skill for your Hue lights.
We’re fixed!!! Thanks for that, seems to be an odd one but you get full credit!