Added Sonos to HomeKit, but audio still coming through Home Pod

• 6 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos Beam along with sub and surrounds. I had long been frustrated that I couldn’t default my Apple TV to play through my Sonos system. It would default to television speakers, which do run through my Sonos system, but not the optimized sound. I could select the speakers through temporary audio, but I had to keep going back and re-selecting it. Finally, I was told I could add my Sonos to Home Kit. So I added it to my Living Room room, and boom… when “Living Room” was set as default speakers, I was getting the full-on Sonos perfect audio. Well, my son happened to notice the light on the HomePod staying on and unplugged it. I realized this when I suddenly had no audio!

Well, I plugged it back in, and since then, if “Living Room” is my default audio output, it goes through the Home Pod itself. I tried removing the Sonos system and re-adding to Home Kit, but no luck. It still defaults to the measly little Home Pod, leaving me to change default to TV speakers and then switch temporary audio to the Sonos system over and over and over again. Any idea what to do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi,

I am also facing less or more same sort of problem.

Lets wait until guidance arrive.