Answered

Add to Apple home

• 8 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Can’t add my Sonos to Apple homekit. Searched  all on the web and no solution works. Have tried everything i found. Is there any plan to solve this issue? Loosing my faith in Sonos soon if this not will be fixed imidiatly.

icon

Best answer by Belly M 8 March 2023, 19:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I assume you’ve already tried opening the Apple Home app, then selecting “+” > “Add Accessory” > “More options…”? Your Sonos speakers with AirPlay 2 should show up then.

Does the Home app display an error when selecting the speakers or don’t they show up at all in the first place?

See image

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

See image

That’s a nuisance. Have you tried rebooting both your iPad, your router and the affected speaker(s)?

Are you using separate Wi-Fi networks for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands? And have you added and then later removed any of your speakers in the past? This could cause an error message, and the only way to re-add them would be to reset the affected speaker and to set it up again. (This happened to me once.)

You could also try adding your speakers to HomeKit on another device, e.g. an iPhone to see if that makes a difference.

Maybe somebody else here in the community once had a problem similar to this in the past and could help with this one?

Badge +20

iOS 16.4 will hopefully be the fix, you could try the beta if so inclined, a router reboot and closing all the iOS apps and a power cycle can help.

Oh… and a factory reset of your Sonos device.

It’s an Apple issue

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Fingers cross for a fix in iOS 16.4! I have 2 that dropped off of airplay and the home app. Reset and still was unable to get a resolution. Even  Sonos tech support was baffled back in February when I submitted a request.

Update to 16.4 didn’t help, still same problem. Invested in completly new router and network, new iphone, ipad and still same errormessage. Allso reinstalled the speaker.