Introducing Roam Colors

Related products: Hardware News
Introducing Roam Colors

Hi all, 

Today we announce three stylish colors for our ultraportable Bluetooth smart speaker, Sonos Roam.

Express Individual Style with New Colors for Sonos Roam: Olive, Wave and Sunset

Sonos’ ultraportable smart speaker Sonos Roam is now available in three new hues: Olive, Wave and Sunset. Influenced by natural serenity, evening skies and outdoor living, Roam’s new colors are as versatile as the speaker itself, complementing interior and outdoor styles while still harmonizing with the rest of the Sonos system.

Olive: Inspired by lush landscapes from desert cacti to pristine park gardens.

Wave: Drawing from the serenity of coastal beaches and backyard poolside oases. 

Sunset: Influenced by painted desert sands and vibrant evening skies.

Sonos Roam all five colors

An ultraportable companion, Roam lets you stream all your favorite content on WiFi and Bluetooth, offering waterproof durability and all-day battery life to keep you connected wherever your curiosity takes you. 

All three new colorways are available worldwide on May 11, 2022 for $179, £179, €199, $299 AUD / $339 NZD

You can read the full press release for the new Roam colors here.

Colors are great. Disappointed that they are using the white charger instead of matching color. They were able to do it for Blue Note speaker and that was limited edition. This is a permanent addition. Design cop out for me and really cheap on Sonos’ part. 

Colors are great. Disappointed that they are using the white charger instead of matching color. They were able to do it for Blue Note speaker and that was limited edition. This is a permanent addition. Design cop out for me and really cheap on Sonos’ part. 

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve passed it on to our product team 🙂

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve passed it on to our product team 🙂

I appreciate it, thank you. I apologize for being a little harsh with my cop out and cheap comment. Aesthetically I think it would look much better especially seeing that Sonos is at that higher level of audio positioning.

I have just ordered a blue one 😊 - don’t mind the issue of non colour matching to be honest. I have the lunar white one already which was on a white charging base. That didn’t match either but I figured the white matches the Sonos lettering 😊. I have moved that one upstairs using it’s power cable now, so will put the Blue one on the white base, which I think will look nice. I like Blue and white together. 

I have just ordered a blue one 😊 - don’t mind the issue of non colour matching to be honest. I have the lunar white one already which was on a white charging base. That didn’t match either but I figured the white matches the Sonos lettering 😊. I have moved that one upstairs using it’s power cable now, so will put the Blue one on the white base, which I think will look nice. I like Blue and white together. 

Awesome! Enjoy your new Sonos Roam!

I also think that the Wave colour with the white base would look nice - probably the best mismatched combination there is 😊

Awesome! Enjoy your new Sonos Roam!

I also think that the Wave colour with the white base would look nice - probably the best mismatched combination there is 😊

I like the wave best as well, and thinking about getting one essentially a voice remote for outdoor speakers. I honestly don’t know if I would want a color matched charger.  I’ve learned that what I picture in my head, and sometimes even pictures I see on a computer screen, don’t really match what I eventually see with my own eyes.

Of the three, I would agree 100%. 

This is more of a general question about Roam/Move. I know Alexa doesn’t work when it’s just using Bluetooth but will the SVC work when it’s not on its home network and using Bluetooth? 

I also like the look of the Wave coloured one. Anyone know how long the battery life is which I believe is not replaceable?

@jacob_7 - battery is 10 hours I think - same as the original Roam. I tend to leave my current one plugged in all the time and then just unplug the charger when I move it to where ever I need to. It seems to last a whole day if I’m using it continuously.

My new Blue one is due to be delivered on Monday so I’m super excited to see how it looks 😃 

This is more of a general question about Roam/Move. I know Alexa doesn’t work when it’s just using Bluetooth but will the SVC work when it’s not on its home network and using Bluetooth? 

There is some SVC functionality over Bluetooth.

When in Bluetooth mode, voice requests are limited to basic product controls. You can ask to:

• Pause or unpause the music
  • Increase or decrease the volume
  • Mute or unmute
  • Skip to the next track, go back to the previous track, or restart the current track
  • Check the battery level

Stated under https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5098?language=en_US

Was hoping for a little more with the way SVC worked if it was different but get it because not accessible through Sonos app. Still holding out hope at some point paid Sonos HD Radio subscribers will have access to those stations over wifi. 

Ok, I know I am an annoying pusher but really wish Sonos would come out with a branded case or sleeve especially ones that match the new colors as well. Amazon has some decent ones (have one for my current black Roam) but I think they are missing a nice “Apple” opportunity by not. For what it’s worth. 

@jacob_7 - battery is 10 hours I think - same as the original Roam. I tend to leave my current one plugged in all the time and then just unplug the charger when I move it to where ever I need to. It seems to last a whole day if I’m using it continuously.

My new Blue one is due to be delivered on Monday so I’m super excited to see how it looks 😃 

Thanks SarahN,  I realise my post was a bit ambiguous. I meant the battery life over its lifetime. I think they said the Move was about 3 years but that's replaceable (although I've had mine not far off 3 years and it's fine). 

Cheers, Jacob

@jacob_7 - aaaah, I see what you mean. Now that I have no idea about and admit to having slight concerns too as I don’t think you can change the Roam’s battery. I guess we will have to wait and see and see if Sonos do offer any kind of replacement service.

Can anyone share real world pictures of the new colors. Just trying to get an idea. Have Sunset on order. 

Here is my blue one 😊

Received my new Roam Sunset for my daughter. Couple of observations. I like the color (the daughter likes it as well); it is more subtle and subdued red/orange than the pictures make it out to be but that’s not a bad thing as then it works in a lot of different color environments. Also, I owe an, “I stand corrected” regarding the white base. It actually looks good mostly because of the white Sonos lettering acting as an accent color. Not bad. After I saw the photo I realized embarrassingly how dusty it was as I shifted the mat and she had a doohickie there. Needless to say she will be dusting when she gets home...😲 Final observation, she’s a college student home for summer and will primarily be using it as a bluetooth speaker and I think it will be perfect. It’s nearly impossible to create networks in dorms, she can use it with her phone and her computer to Bluetooth/AirPlay 2 out and take it to friends rooms, etc..

@Jeffrey_35 very nice! 😃 I’m planning to get my daughter and her boyfriend a pair of Roams for their little flat as they can then use them separately or in a stereo pair. Plus they live by the sea here in the UK and could take one down to the beach. Would you get the same colour for both or 2 different? That red/orange colour is definitely going to be one (or both). They do like colour and have quite a colourful décor in their flat.

@SarahN that’s a great question. If they are going to be in the same room constantly then probably the same but if they are going in different rooms I think you have some flexibility.

Thought the different colours would be available in Argos etc 

Those are only through the Sonos website.

Yes but why ?

Yes but why ?

Could be a lot of possible different reasons, many dealing with costs and such,  that I’m sure Sonos doesn’t want to share with customers.    Besides, if history is any guide, whatever reason Sonos gives will be rejected in favor of whatever theory people prefer to believe.  

So, Sonos is running a 20% off sale on Portable speakers. Seeing I used up all of my 30% off credits would love to get a Wave Roam. It’s in stock but not giving me the discount when I go check out. Is it just for black/white? It didn’t really say except “qualified and in-stock”. No coupon code that I can see in the email as well.