Answered

Upgraded

• 8 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

Been a few years since I posted so sorry about what could be a silly question.  I have just purchased the Move and one (part of a package).  Now, as I believe the play 3 has been replaced by the Move, am I assume that the play3 will still work once the Move has been activated?

Another question, if the Play3 will still work (which. hopefully I assume it will), will I be able to move this into the lounge and activated with the beam? Or could I locate the Move into the lounge and use it for mulipurpose - Beam & Move and  Move by itself

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 December 2021, 03:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can still use the Play:3 even after using it to get the Upgrade Program discount.

You can place your Sonos speakers wherever you want. You can play audio through them individually or grouped together. That’s the beauty of using a Sonos system.

NOTE: If you group a speaker with the Beam while it is playing TV audio, the grouped speaker or speakers will have a slight audio delay. But music audio will be in sync.

Badge +2

Thanks,

I was kind of confident with the reply, but just wanted the second confirmation. It took me several years to convince the wife that Sonos was the way to go.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply

Andy

Userlevel 7

@Andy_Watson…Welcome back to the community.

The Move did not replace the Play 3. The Move only joins your Sonos over WiFi; not the SonosNet as can be done with a Play 3. Two Moves cannot be used as surround speakers in a home theater as can two Play 3’s.  However, a Move can be grouped with Sonos when on WiFi. There are other features of the Move that you can learn about on the Sonos website that set it apart from other Sonos speakers similar to the Play 3.

Badge +2

Again, thanks

The Sonos system is pretty cool and as mentioned addition to the family is well overdue