Sonos Roam is an expensive paperweight

• 13 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I am beyond done with my Sonos Roam. It has always had issues connecting and staying connected to my network. I have experienced the same issue with Bluetooth. Every month or so I try it again but to no avail. I will step through the troubleshooting process – restarting the device and ultimately my router. Nothing works these days. It shows up in my Sonos app as not connected, and after all the troubleshooting I’m told to try again another time.

I spent hours on the phone with Sonos support early on. They admitted this is a known problem that they are working to fix. It’s been close to a year and still no progress. I could not return or exchange it because I got it from Best Buy and discovered it’s uselessness after the return window. IMO, Sonos should not be selling defective products period. I very rarely write reviews but felt compelled to do so in an effort to warn others. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mceasley 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you had such trouble with your Roam, and while we can never refund a product that was not purchased from us directly, I can’t see why you were not offered a replacement unit instead.

I’ve added a note to your existing case to offer you a replacement Roam in exchange - free of charge - should you decide you want to give Roam another try. While the cause of the issue you experienced was not determined, a replacement of the unit should, at least, show whether the issue was due to a faulty unit or perhaps a configuration issue of your network (though the fact that Bluetooth was also affected suggests the former).

I’ll send you your case number via a private message so you don’t have to search through your emails from a year ago - please quote it when contacting us.

I hope this helps.