Skip to main content
Question

Roam2 Wake from Sleep New App?

• 7 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I believe a Roam2 in sleep state (not fully powered off) should wake when the Sonos App is opened, but this is not happening for me.

I’ve just bought the Roam2, so after the new app update.

Looking at older posts regarding the original Roam, on the original app, the Roam would wake on opening the app. Also, people have referred to the old app indicating that the Roam is ‘offline’, with a red dot, when it is sleeping or powered off.

Using the new app, I am not seeing this. The Roam2 disappears from the device list completely when sleeping or powered off and only reappears in the app when woken by physically pressing the power button or placing on charge.

This is really inconvenient as I want to wake it up and send music to it while I am in a different area of the house. I don’t want to deactivate battery save because this would drain the battery far more quickly for the times I am not actively using the speaker.

Any solutions or is this yet another problem with the new app vs the old one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.