Answered

Roam turns on at will

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

as per this thread:

my roam turns itself on even though I followed the instructions and a) held the power button for 7-10 seconds until it made the tone and powered down and b) enabled battery saver in the app.

My roam was “off” as per instructions (tone and battery saver) and sitting on a charging pad and when I returned home from work it is there with all it’s lights on.

Why won’t it stay off?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 November 2022, 10:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndrewZ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

When being charged, Roam will turn itself on. This will not increase the charge time significantly, and all you need to do when you pick up your Roam is turn it off by holding the power button till you get a descending chime.

In the thread you’ve quoted, the issue was that the Roam was turning on when not being charged. You are charging the Roam, so this is expected behaviour.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

The behaviour still goes against the idea that ‘I turned my Roam off, I want it to stay off’ regardless of whether it is on charge (cable or pad) or elsewhere.  I will turn it on when I want to turn it on.

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply.

The behaviour still goes against the idea that ‘I turned my Roam off, I want it to stay off’ regardless of whether it is on charge (cable or pad) or elsewhere.  I will turn it on when I want to turn it on.

Andrew.

Power it off and (importantly) leave it disconnected from it’s charger and it will (should) stay powered off until you next power it on via the rear power button, or simply connect it back to a charger, but note the li-ion battery will very slowly discharge, even when the Roam is powered off, so perhaps charge it from time to time to keep the battery in good order.

I personally use the Roam regularly, every day, so mine just remains on its Qi charger when not in use, ready to pickup and go, or to use in situ… or when out and about, away from Home for a few days, I use its ‘battery saver’ feature in the Sonos App ‘room’ settings to power it off automatically (off it’s charger) when left inactive for a while.