why is it difficult to connect to iphone after disconnecting sonos move from ipad?

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

i cannot seem to get the sonos to connect to the iphone on bluetooth.  i do not know what to do.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are saying that your Move was previously connected to your iPad via BT and that now you want to connect it to your iPhone via BT here’s what you can do:

• Turn BT off on your iPad or turn off the iPad

Here’s why…

• The Move remembers the last BT device it was connected to. If BT is still active on your iPad that’s where the Move is most likely connecting to again. By disabling BT on your iPad (or any other BT device the Move may had previously connected to) it will force the Move to connect to the iPhone BT.

If the above is not true in your situation then we’ll need more information.

Are you turning off bluetooth on your iPad or just disconnecting?  Move is set to try and reconnect to the last device it was connected to as I understand it. I run into a similar issue with headphones connecting between 2 phones and a laptop.  Turning off bluetooth to devices I don’t want to connect to seems to be the best solution.

Refer to the user manual for your Sonos speaker to determine how to put it into pairing mode. Usually, this involves pressing and holding a specific button or following a sequence of button presses. When the speaker is in pairing mode, its Bluetooth indicator light may flash or change color.