Answered

where is the nfc tag on the sonos move?

• 27 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi everyone 

I want to create an nfc shortcut to make my sonos move play from the iphone but i can’t find where the nfc tag is located on the move. I’ve successfully done this with the arc and ikea symfonisk but not for the move. Is the move missing nfc ? If not where should I place the phone? 
thanks you !

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 April 2023, 10:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kazaria 

Thanks for your post!

Move does not have NFC. If memory serves, it was the last product we made that doesn’t have it.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Cory, thank you, that solves the mystery ! It’s a little downside not a big deal but sonos should add it to a future update of the move. 
one common use case for me is to approach the phone to continue a podcast I was listening to with the earbuds

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I mean a hardware update of course

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kazaria 

If there were to be a new version of the Move (and I’m not saying there will be or that there won’t be as I’m not allowed to say either), it would have NFC, just like all our other new products.

I’m not 100% sure that I know how you are using NFC tags (I haven’t used them myself), but couldn’t you achieve the same result with a third-party NFC tag placed near/on the Move?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am using Apple shortcuts to run an automation. Each time I scan the tag it ran audio through the sonos device with nfc. I can definitely use a third party tag it will achieve the same results. 
it’s just a little plus but not a big deal. The move is serving me well so far along with other sonos devices!