Unable to play connect:amp and sonos move2

• 16 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m so disappointed.

I had my somos connect amp, and sonos play1, and just bought the sonos move 2 hoping to listen all of them at the same time but I can’t.

so … be aware…. Because if you buy a sonos move 2 for example, then in 2 or 3 years sonos release a new update and you won’t be able to use your sonos move 2 with the new update and you will have to buy a new product? What a shame…

I just want to use my “old” sonos devices with my new sonos move 2 simultaneously….

I hope I can returned it right away….

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Julianravi 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you’ve had trying to get your Connect:AMP and Move 2 to work together, but it is stated on the Move 2’s product page that it requires the S2 Sonos app to operate, whereas many Connect:AMPs are incapable of running on S2. Your Play:1 can run on S2 along with your Move 2, but your Connect:AMP cannot - the Connect:AMP simply does not have the necessary memory to be able to run S2, which contains many features that customers have been asking for over the years. A decision to separate had to made.

Yes, you can return your Move 2 for a refund if you are within the Money Back Guarantee period, and if you bought it direct - you can start the process at https://www.sonos.com/mbg.

so … be aware…. Because if you buy a sonos move 2 for example, then in 2 or 3 years sonos release a new update and you won’t be able to use your sonos move 2 with the new update and you will have to buy a new product? What a shame…

This is just not the case - we promise to support all speakers for at least 5 years after the last of their line are sold, and we are still supporting devices that were made 15 years ago - as much as they can be.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer !! I hope there’s an application or sore of memory upgrade to use my amp!!

any way , I did it using Sonos radio on the same station via AirPlay !!

Hello,

You stated that “whereas many Connect:AMPs are incapable of running on S2” in your response to Julianravi.  From that, it sounds like some Connect:Amps are capable.

I too am interested in replacing outdoor speaker that have failed with an inline adapter to a Move 2.  I have a CONNECT:AMP serial Number 1710 5C AA FD EA EO 04 1 that seems to work fine with the S2 app.

1. Is it true that some CONNECT:AMP’S can function with the S2 app?  
  2. Is there an advantage to an inline connection between a CONNECT:AMP with the Move 2?

Thank you,

Craig

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@cgai

Take a look here…

https://support.sonos.com/en-ie/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

„Gen2“ means production date 2015 or newer. 
Your decices serial number starts with 1710 what means it was produced in October 2017. That’s the reason it supports S2. 

Btw. what do you mean with „inline“ connection? 
There‘s no way to cable connect an Amp to a Move2. 

Is true !!! Some can!!!

There is an easy way to know.

if the top button of the amp is the mute simbol you won’t be able but if is a play simbol then you can.

mine seems to be old enough not to be capable !! 
(sorry for my English)

good luck