Answered

Unable to connect Roam

• 9 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I got a roam as a present on my holidays but are not able to connect through bluetooth. Only a green flashing light and impossible to get it to turn blue to make the connection. I have many Sonos speakers and they all work perfectly, but I'm very disappointed that the Roam is not working. Is there any solution to get it to work, without being able to connect to wifi?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 August 2021, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are seeing a green flashing light, you haven’t performed the setup process in the Sonos app yet. The Roam needs to be connected to your WiFi network to perform the setup process.

Brilliant for a speaker to be used outside through Bluetooth :rage:. Fantastic that the next weeks on holidays I'm stuck with a speaker I can't use. I expected more from Sonos. Hope I can still return it when I'm back and change it for a JBL. They have never let me down.

This speaker has great sound...but the bluetooth pairing is terrible.

I have had many speakers in my day cheap ones and expensive ones. All of them were easier to pair than this sonos. 

I’ve easily spent 1 hour reading troubleshoot blogs… will get back to it… because it’s still not playing from my spotify (e.g. it says it’s connected and playing but no sound comes out of the speaker).

Sonos customer rep -- if you read this… get a product/ux designer on this ASAP. As far as I’m concerned, if my friend’s ask what I think of this speaker, I will say “Sound is great, getting it to connect is nightmare.”