Answered

unable to charge Move.

• 27 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Dear all,

I have a Move and I’m unable to charge it.

I used the charging base provided by move but the battery always remain at 0%
I bought Move this year so I don’t think that I need to change the battery.

anyone with the same issue?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Paul A 27 September 2020, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daniele.mgr.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand your situation and the feeling of not being able to meet your expectation of a newly bought device. Allow me to provide some recommendations to help out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi

thanks for your reply.

when the Move is connected I saw the charging symbol on the app but the charge status remain at 0%.
I will try with diagnostic 

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daniele.mgr.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response.

I would like to suggest rebooting the Sonos Move by removing it from the charging bay, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds until the unit has officially turned off with a confirmation of a chime sound, then place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay. Without touching any buttons, the Sonos Move should automatically turn on by itself. Then, let us observe if we have the same issue or we have an improvement.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for your immediately reply!

the battery is at 0 so if I remove the move from the charger it is already turned off.

I already tried to reset it.

when I put it on the charging base a orange light blink 3 or done times and Nothing else

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daniele.mgr.

Thanks for your immediate response and feedback.

Allow me to share with you the Sonos Status guide to have a better understanding and reference on what the light status means. A blinking amber/orange light on the Sonos Move indicates low battery status. After confirming of following the guides provided above and still no improvement, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

Thanks,

Perfect thanks!

tomorrow I will try

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daniele.mgr.

Thanks for your immediate response and for considering my recommendation. Please let us know how it goes so others in the community can reference this topic especially for those who might have the same issue.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have any other concerns or questions. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Sonos support did some test and at the end they found a problem in the battery.

So they change my Sonos move with a new one.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daniele.mgr.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that they were able to identify the root cause of the issue and replace the Sonos Move. I hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos once the replacement arrives.

Please do not hesitate to create a new topic and let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,