Skip to main content
Question

Trouble connecting Sonos Move

• 22 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello! I'm having trouble connecting my Sonos Move to Wi-Fi for the first time. When I want to do it, there is an error that says I can't connect my mobile device to the speaker. Is this solved with the mid-June app update? Or is it another type of problem?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Take it back to the shop while you can. I won’t be purchasing any more Sonos products as mine won’t connect to WiFi

@Murrayside I’m about to do just that. The thing absolutely refuses to connect to my WiFi. It’s beyond frustrating.

Badge

Have the exact same problem. Have tried 1,001 different suggested configurations with my router and wireless networks. It shouldn’t be this hard, never had issues joining Sonos equipment to my setup previously, guessing this probably my 10th Sonos device, but this thing is impossible. Have tried with multiple different phones, tried with 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz network, tried setting up one of my other Sonos devices with ethernet cable to create Sonosnet network, nope, nada, nothing.. never have I ever experienced such a long and frustrating process of trying to join a device to my network.

Even if you opt to connect to it via bluetooth the speaker wont let you as it continues to try to connect to your Wifi! i had to take mine to work and connect to wifi there and then take it home, i now connect to my Move 1 at home via bluetooth only, my other Sonos speakers i’ve had to hard wire.

To add to the frustration, when you call Sonos’ phone number for support, you get placed in a queue that’s a minimum of an 80 minute wait (I’ve called three times then sat the phone down on speaker while the absolutely awful hold music plays). Eventually I have to do something else, so I have to hang up. Meanwhile, pop online to talk to the chatbot and it repeats the same questions in an infinite loop. Thanks, AI. You’re doing a bang up job. I give up. Taking this thing back to the store. Bye, Sonos. Maybe if you can figure this all out someday, I *might* come back.