Answered

Touch control settings disabling physical buttons on Move

• 17 August 2023
  • 5 replies

It seems a recent update has impacted the touch control functionality. It used to be that disabling touch controls would only impact the functionality that reacts to touch. Recently, however, when touch controls are disabled, you can no longer switch between Bluetooth and WIFI functionality. Is anyone else having this issue? 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 25 August 2023, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The touch control settings should have no effect on the Bluetooth/WiFi button. Try rebooting the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

The touch control settings should have no effect on the Bluetooth/WiFi button. Try rebooting the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

I’ve tried rebooting with no luck. The issue popped up about two weeks ago. My wife uses this speaker for teaching music in a preschool, so we’ve turned the touch controls off every week with no issue for well over a year. It feels like a bug was introduced causing the issue. 

Userlevel 7

So if you enable the touch controls, the Bluetooth/WiFi button functions like normal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @juanford, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve just heard back from our engineering team, they were able to reproduce this and have confirmed this is a bug and not the intended behaviour.

While I don’t have an ETA on when it will be resolved, it being worked on and a ticket has been created regarding this. If I hear anything back I’ll let you know.

A workaround suggest is that if the Move is outside of a saved Wi-Fi connection and you power it off then on again, this should allow you to swap to Bluetooth. However if this doesn’t work, then I would suggest toggling touch controls when you toggle Bluetooth.

I hope this information helps! 

Hi @juanford, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve just heard back from our engineering team, they were able to reproduce this and have confirmed this is a bug and not the intended behaviour.

While I don’t have an ETA on when it will be resolved, it being worked on and a ticket has been created regarding this. If I hear anything back I’ll let you know.

A workaround suggest is that if the Move is outside of a saved Wi-Fi connection and you power it off then on again, this should allow you to swap to Bluetooth. However if this doesn’t work, then I would suggest toggling touch controls when you toggle Bluetooth.

I hope this information helps! 

Glad they were able to reproduce and I’m not crazy. Appreciate the update and suggested work arounds.