Answered

Touch command does not respond

• 19 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Even though the switch is ON in the app, the speaker can not be control by toutching the button, only via the app. ??

icon

Best answer by ratty 19 August 2023, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

What speaker is it? Have you tried simply rebooting it, by powering it off for at least 30 seconds?  

Hi Ratty,

It’s a Move speaker. 

I have tried to turn it off but it wouldn’t. None of the button on the speaker works !

So I tried to power it off by emptying the batterie… But it didn’t bring any change: the buttons don’t work. And it’s a new speaker, about 2 or 3 months old.

Is there a way to reboot the speaker from the app ? Didn’t find anything...

Any other ideas ?

Thanks !

If you’re unable to turn the Move off (see here) then there’s a chance it could be faulty. I suggest you contact Sonos Customer Support. 

Sonos Office is closed during week-ends. So I tryed the Chat and got that answer “That's not something I'm trained on yet.” Ha ha ha ! I will try by phone next week… 

Thanks

Sonos Office is closed during week-ends. So I tryed the Chat and got that answer “That's not something I'm trained on yet.” Ha ha ha ! I will try by phone next week… 

Thanks

Did you manage to power it off fully either using the rear power button 5+ second long press, or if not, then enable the battery saver in the App and leave it off it’s charger for say 35 minutes and it should shut down. Don’t open the App either whilst waiting for it to power off, as that will wake it.

After full shutdown, wait 30s and power it on again with short press on rear power button, or simply return it to the charger and see if that works. Try also toggling the ‘touch controls’ off/on again in the App. Also check for any Sonos updates. ‘Settings/System/System Updates’.

Hi Ken,

I have done everything you suggest…

The power button doesn’t work, so I let the battery off charger for 1 day and couldn’t turn it on again. So I put it back on the charger and still, no button work. But everything works fine with the app.

I played with the On/Off toggle in the app for the touch controls and it didn’t do nothing. 

No new update available.

I will call Sonos office next week.

Thanks !