Answered

spotify on move and hearing aid

• 7 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I usually play BBC sounds or SONOS Radio on my Move, controlled via my Samsung phone. I installed Spotify on the phone and it plays via my Bluetooth connected hearing aids. It appears on the list of options on Sonos but will not play via the Move, only hearing aid. How do I activate it on Move? Nothing has worked so far.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 January 2024, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you’re using Bluetooth on your mobile to play a Spotify audio stream to your hearing aids, then you will need to stop that stream to play over Bluetooth to your Sonos Move, but first you need to disconnect the BT pairing from the hearing aids and reconnect the pairing to the Move unless your mobile device supports dual Bluetooth audio output. Some android mobiles do, but not seen that (yet) on iOS devices.

Also note that the Sonos App does not support Bluetooth, in fact it’s not a music player, it is merely a remote for your speakers over a wireless connection.

You will likely find that you can also only play one Spotify stream to either your hearing aids, or to the Move (at the same time), unless using a Spotify family plan subscription.

Anyhow, I hope that information provides some assistance.