Answered

Spotify Android app and Sonos Roam, track info (artist, title, artwork etc) not updating when next song is played.

• 21 April 2021
  • 4 replies

If I play a playlist in the official Spotify Android app and then cast to my Sonos Roam, whenever it automatically moves on to the next song it won’t update the song title, artist, artwork in the app or notification controls etc… 

It does update when you change the song manually.

It also works as expected in the Sonos app itself.

This is using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 8 installed and the official Spotify Android app version 8.6.18.720.

icon

Best answer by david32784 21 April 2021, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @david32784 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There was a Sonos software update less than 24 hours ago - could you please make sure you’re got that update and test again? Thanks.

Hello, I know a Roam update was installed when I set it up yesterday and just updated the Sonos app. 

Issue still present. Also noticed the track times don't update either in the Spotify app. 

Updating the Spotify app has fixed the issue.

I assumed I had the latest Spotify app but I just noticed my apps weren’t auto-updating due to full storage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @david32784 

I’m glad to hear it’s all better, and thank you for sharing your resolution!