Answered

sonos volume plate not working

• 26 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have two Sonos Move units and just reset them to factory settings after they stopped connecting to my WiFi. All is good except one of the units top plate (with the volume controls) is no longer working… Has anyone experienced this before? What’s the fix? Is this a hardware issue that needs to be replaced or is there an easier fix?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 November 2023, 16:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are the touch controls turnes off (see the settings for the speaker in the app)?

Thank you for the question. No they are not off. They are on. 

Maybe try toggling the touch controls off/on again and see if the Move’s other buttons are all working too.  If no joy, I would perhaps power off the Move completely (Whilst off it’s charger, press rear power button for 5+ seconds until you hear the shutdown tone) wait 30 seconds and power it on again, or return it to its charger. 

If that doesn’t fix it, then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Talked to Sonos support. They advised another reset which fixed the issue…