Skip to main content
Answered

sonos roam wont appear in the system

• 5 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Trying to conect roam to de app to configurate for first time.

After sharing the wifi pasword and so on it shows a message (the screenshot below) and closes the app. I try to folow the steps this message indicates, but the device stays forever with the white led and it’s impossible to conect it again. I have to restart it to redo the hole process to end up in the same point of the message.

If someone does know something about it, i would like to hear it

Thanks!

The message is in spanish, it says Sonos roam has been added, but it may not appear in the system, in that case hold the power button 5s to power off, and then, power it on to continue the configuration form the system config.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aimar 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you have had trying to add your Roam to your Sonos system.

I’d like to try giving things the best possible chance of working, all in one go. Please follow these steps:

1. Please try opening the Sonos app for your computer (assuming you have a computer - you can download the app here). Try registering/updating from it instead.
  2. Turn off your Roam - remove from charge, and hold the power button on the back for 5 seconds until you hear the second tone.
  3. Turn off your router.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Once router has been of for at least 30 seconds, please turn it on and wait approximately 5 minutes for WiFi to return.
  6. Turn on Roam by pressing the power button once.
  7. Open the Sonos app. Go to User icon (top right) » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset
  8. If the Roam has a flashing green light (after flashing white for a minute or so): Open the Sonos app again, skip past introduction, then opt to Set up a new system. You can use your existing Sonos account (assuming you have verified it by replying to our email).
  9. If the Roam does not have a flashing green light (after flashing white for a minute or so): Open the Sonos app again, skip past introduction, then opt to Connect to an existing system.
  10. If you come across the same issue once more, please try opening the Sonos app for your computer (assuming you have a computer - you can download the app here). Try registering/updating from it instead. If you don’t have a computer, please try connecting to your system with the Sonos app running on a different smart device, if that is an option for you.

If you continue to see the same issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @aimar  Thanks for the advice. Though not directed at me personally, I followed your instructions and it worked. I was close to pulling my hair out until then!