Skip to main content

Sonos Roam - won’t link to account (is on account) Setup fails

• 8 May 2024
  • 7 replies

My Sonos Roam had a reset. It will go through setup but won’t link to my account so setup fails.

On my Sonos account it is listed as linked to my account, but setup fails because it cannot be linked.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have the same problem. I got a new Roam to add to my existing system. Go thru setup but when it gets to linking it to my account it fails. I’ve retried several times. Restarted phone, etc. Nothing helps to  resolve the issue. I am working with the latest Sonos iOS app that was recently updated so not sure if that has anything to do with the issue. Very frustrating. I will call support during business hours to see if they have a solution.

My Sonos Roam had a reset. It will go through setup but won’t link to my account so setup fails.

On my Sonos account it is listed as linked to my account, but setup fails because it cannot be linked.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

I contact support and we resolved the issue. In my case the diagnostic showed that the speaker was on my system but was not registered to the account. They said this is a glitch with the app. They said to sign out of the app, close the app, open the app, sign in, then retry adding the speaker. THAT WORKED. If this does not work for you, I recommend contacting support. Be prepared to be on hold for upto 30min. Support was very helpful and the diagnostic they had be submit helped pinpoint the issue.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

I contact support and we resolved the issue. In my case the diagnostic showed that the speaker was on my system but was not registered to the account. They said this is a glitch with the app. They said to sign out of the app, close the app, open the app, sign in, then retry adding the speaker. THAT WORKED. If this does not work for you, I recommend contacting support. Be prepared to be on hold for upto 30min. Support was very helpful and the diagnostic they had be submit helped pinpoint the issue.

Tried all the other suggestions and this worked!

“They said to sign out of the app, close the app, open the app, sign in, then retry adding the speaker”

I contacted support and had a similar experience to Mickey A. It took several attempts, but is now working. Cannot fault the tech support, although the wait times are long, but they do offer a ring back service which worked well.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Worked for me. Thanks for sharing this fix!

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Tks this is has solved the issue