Skip to main content

I have a Sonos Roam 1 and 2. I at times have trouble connecting both to the speaker group. If update the software it finally connects. I do not gave to do this for the SL or the Soundbar. I did find that Sonos provides Roam updates every two weeks starting in July 2022. That is fine but why can’t I add the Roams without an update? If that is your policy then at least give me a message. At this point I have put a reminder in my calendar every two weeks to update the software every two weeks. Love your products but this is silly. I do only turn on and off the Roams only when in use. i do realize it can’t do auto updates. I get no notification to update the software just doesn’t connect. Please provide an update to your software to check the version and recommend an update on power up. Seems like a reasonable ask. Thank you. 

Hi @Dfontanam , thanks for your post and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Generally we do recommend keeping your products up to date though I can appreciate with the Roams you may not wish to keep these products powered on at all times. When you try to play a particular speaker and find you need to update first, this usually indicates a software version mismatch between the Sonos App and the speaker, or a mismatch between different speakers. As such, for your specific situation it may be worth disabling auto-updates within the Sonos app, and also ensure the Sonos App isn’t automatically updating through the App Store/Google Play Store.

I hope this information helps, and thank you for your feedback on our update process!

Note: edited to add hyperlink to Sonos Update support page